Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sub Work While I'm at Language! Training 2/21 and 2/22

Hello Students!

My appologies for not giving you the heads up that I would be out this week. I, myself, was not aware that I would be. Some things are very last minute. But, I am at a very important training and will be out until Monday.

So, I have arranged for the sub to give you your quizzes on Friday as well as remind you of your weekend assignments. Therefore, there are a few homework changes in order.

Period 2:

"The Most Dangerous Game" test will be Friday, 2/22. The essay will be due Monday, 2/25.
Grammar Quiz will be Friday, 2/22. Commonplace Books and Reading Logs will be checked Monday, 2/25 (as will grammar homework and notes). Thursday's classwork (Vocabulary workbooks and Word of the Day Do Nows) will be checked Monday as well.

Period 5:

Grammar Quiz will be Friday, 2/22. Vocabulary Quiz will be Monday, 2/25. Commonplace Books and Reading Logs will be checked Monday, 2/25 as well as grammar homework.
Word of the Day Do Nows will be checked Monday as well.

Reading wise. I know you are itching to begin A Seperate Peace. You should begin reading. While you do so, please chart the details that distinguish the Devon School of the narrator's youth, and the one he comes back to as an adult. Make a T chart of these details. Focus on physical differences and the emotions attached to them. We will begin this discussion Monday.


Period 3/4:

I have received notification that we will resume Brockton visits next week on the 29th and that teachers are requesting that you each read a book to the entire class. Please prepare something you would feel comfortable reading (cover to cover) to a large group of kids.

Unit 17 Lesson 2-6 will be checked Monday, 2/25. We have completed most of what you would need my help for. The pages you are doing will be mostly review. Work in pairs or small groups but keep the behavior appropriate. If you are done early work on your Vocabulary Flash Cards or Flip Sheets, or ... READ!

I will check your Commonplace Books and Reading Logs on Monday.


If any of you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me or leave a comment here. I will be online all weekend.

No comments: